Removing a Component from a COM+ Application
- Posted by arie
You can use the Component Services administrative tool to remove components from a COM+ application.
Note Exercise care when deleting and reinstalling individual components from a COM+ application. This process requires detailed knowledge about the component’s classes, including their attributes, security configurations on interfaces and methods, and other settings.
To remove a component from a COM+ application
- In the console tree of the Component Services administrative tool, select the application that contains the component you want to remove.
- Open the application’s Components folder.
- Select the component you want to remove.
- On the Action menu, click Delete. You can also select the component, right-click, and click Delete.
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm your action.